Thursday, May 28, 2009

I'm Very Sorry - Myeni

A Swaziland MP who drew international criticism for his remarks on HIV/Aids, apologised in Johannesburg today.
"I’m very sorry. If you need me to show a sign of how sorry I am, I’m ready to show," Swaziland MP Timothy Myeni told a media briefing.
Myeni caused controversy when he reportedly suggested HIV-positive people should be branded on the buttocks.
Speaking at the briefing, he said the remark was "not a statement, but a question", posed during his Aids workshop with policy makers.
Myeni said that at the workshop it was explained to him the branding issue was not feasible.
"I’m here to withdraw those things I asked that are really bad, which I now realise," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Horn Of Africa Events

Scholarship Programme for African Students - UK and South Africa